BOOKING CONDITIONS “NO 1 CASTELNAU DE MONTMIRAL”
1. The property known as “No 1 Castelnau de Montmiral” is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the Owner, S L Backhouse
2. To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 5) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period (e.g. telephone calls, provisions, electricity during cooler months) should be settled locally with the Owner before departure.
5. A security deposit of £200/€250 is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within one week after the end of the rental period. An allowance from the security deposit may be retained by the Owner should the gite not be left in a clean and tidy condition (see Clause 9)..
6 . Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re let the 'Property', and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner's insurance.
7. The rental period shall commence at 16h00on the first day and finish at 10h00 on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
8 The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed 2 unless the Owner has given written permission and the relevant additional charges paid. There are no reductions for under occupancy.
9. The swimming pool and garden is for the use of residents only. However with the prior consent of the owner, friends and relatives of the renters will be welcomed occasionally, when appropriate, and are welcome to enjoy meals together and to use the pool. Glass must not be used around the pool, and plastic "glasses" are provided for this purpose.
10. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in the price, the Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition..
11. The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
12. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client: for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool. for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner. for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
13. Parking for one car is available on property, however the owner does not accept liability for any vehicle left on, or adjacent to the property.
14. Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
15.One small dog (less than 20kgs) is permitted subject to prior arrangement and the additional payment of €50 per week to cover a deep clean upon departure. Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds and pet waste must be removed immediately and dealt with appropriately.
16. All rubbish, bottles and recyling must be removed from the property upon departure.
17. The property is also available for rent from September to April at significantly reduced rates, however, the client will be responsible for all heating costs (by means of electric radiators) and the gite’s own meter will be read and agreed at the beginning and end of the let and the client charged accordingly.
18. The client shall be required to pay a Taxe de Sejour, levied by the French authorities on all adult visitors to the Tarn, at a rate of €1.00 per adult per night of rental period. This money will be collected & recorded by the Owner before departure, on behalf of the Syndicat Mixte du Pays ”Vignoble Gaillacois, Bastides et Val Dadou”.
19. Please note that out in the interests of safety and out of respect for subsequent guests, smoking is not permitted inside the gite.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England. Any changes will be reflected at the time of payment.